My BAJA dress has something vaguely sailor-ish about that makes the air around me taste saltier than it should. Odd as it seems, it’s true. With tiny boats dancing across the dark blue background and a silver cummerbund around my waist, I’d like to emphasize the fact that traditional touches can be added to any dress, western as it is. Let those traditional pieces hit the roads once in a while, just with a little right tweaks to the outfit.
My necklace is no more a necklace that a bracelet would be as it is, not one piece, but a pair of my favorite silver anklets, linked together with the rings at the corners. My eye makeup is what I’d like to call old Indian, the sixties movie style- the winged eye. The fact is, opposed to popular belief as it is, that “traditionalistic” pieces or makeup can be paired with western, and they look fantastic. So take this as an invitation to raid your grandmother’s jewelry box, or take those pretty pieces out of the locked boxes they’ve been hiding in, and flaunt them!
Go ahead set your own rules 🙂
My love for dressing up and helping people to dress up has gone far beyond just the “outfit ” part .
Dressing also meant how well i can accessorize and coming from middle class family where the number of outfits would be limited. I would looking out for fun accessories so i could create different looks with the same outfit.Yes, here is what i have handpicked- some from streets, some from niche jewellery stores and some were customized according to my personality ( by me of course 🙂 ) .
These came as different pieces, i love to mix and match as it tends to be more “U”.
I wear them with Indian ethnic dresses or with saree .
Some of the them are good, good to be the “statement” pieces so i tend to wear them alone. Just the earrings or just the necklace .
I got the pendant ( the temple jewelery ) and strung some beads on to it.
White crystals in silver or gold setting is good to have as they go wonderfully with all the colors ( of outfits )
When we say all our BAJA dress are made with handpicked fabrics and each dress is carefully handcrafted we mean it.
I love frocks/ dresses and always wanted something that i can wear here in Bangalore , dresses that covers my knees, tailor fit , very modest yet stylish/elegant and are vintage inspired .
BAJA was born because of this love for frocks /dresses and with strong Indian roots. So we love working with traditional Indian fabrics and kaarigari .
Today in BAJA unit we needed all the working hand , so yes ended up cutting the pattern to stitching, loved every bit of it
Love those antique iron box ( very reliable and extremely heavy )
So yes join us at BAJA where every dress is as unique and special as U .
If you have a round face, the secret to a great hairstyle is to deflect the roundness of your face. Since mine being a round face you can see my pictures in different hair length.
Your face is as wide as it is long. Face is widest at the cheeks.
Even though you may love the latest celebrity hair style, it might not be the right hair style for your face. The shape of your face and the proportions of your features will help tell you what hairstyle is best suited to you
- Long hair is gorgeous on round faces because it lengthens the face. If you have a round face, your best cuts will fall a few inches below the chin and longer.
- Ask your stylist to cut in long layers with the shortest layer hitting at your earlobe or even lower. Short layers make a hairstyle appear dated and also add body to hair, which will make a round face appear rounder. You don’t want that so cut the ends of each layer to make them all blend together .
- Long, sideswept bangs create angles on a round face. Go for long bangs that hit around the cheekbone. They angle down from there, which makes them fall nicely with the rest of her hair.
- Gentle waves deflect the roundness of the face, so if you have natural wave in your hair (as most women do), allow your hair to do its natural “thing.” Scrunch hair as it dries so it retains some of its wave or help along the wave by wrapping hair around the barrel of a large curling iron .
For more on hairstyles I am here to help 🙂
- Color – The streaks in warmer color added little texture the the hair 🙂